Suncoast Behavioral Health Center, located in Bradenton, Florida, provides behavioral health services for children and adolescents. Before a youth is admitted to the facility, we conduct a level of care evaluation to:
- Identify psychiatric issues and symptoms
- Discuss treatment options
- Provide confidential crisis intervention
- Assist in determining the most appropriate level of care
Referrals are made by family members, physicians, mental health providers, community agencies, judges, lawyers and law enforcement officials. Self-referrals are also accepted.
Suncoast Behavioral Health Center is a designated Baker Act receiving facility under the Florida Mental Health Law. A person can be taken to a Baker Act receiving facility for involuntary examination if:
- There is reason to believe he or she is mentally ill
- Because of mental illness, he or she refuses an exam or is unable to determine whether an exam is necessary.
- He or she is a serious danger to self or others
- He or she is likely to suffer from neglect or harm in current behavior